Your iPhone comes with a certain amount of storage. This space can be as small as 16GB or as big as 1TB. This is where the iOS operating system, your apps, and files like documents, pictures, and music are stored. Even if your device has 16 GB or 32 GB of storage, you may run out of space pretty quickly.
How can I add more space to my iPhone?
First, let’s look at this one. The answer to this question is that you can’t buy more space for your iPhone’s internal storage. But you can add more storage with accessories that go on the outside. You can’t change the amount of storage your phone came with when you bought it, and you can’t add more physical storage. If you only have 16 GB of storage, your internal storage will stay at 16 GB, and it’s likely to run out of space quickly. Some smartphones, but not iPhones, can add more storage space.
As we’ve already said, you can’t change or upgrade the drive on the inside. But you can use a storage device outside of your iPhone. This will let you add more space to your iPhone. Most of the time, people call these “plug-in flash drives” or “mobile drives.” They can be SD cards or USB drives. They are made to add more space to your iPhone. You just plug them into your phone’s lightning port to use them. Then you can manage your files with the Files app. Some of the benefits of using this kind of external storage are:
- The hardware has a fixed, one-time cost, and there are no ongoing subscription fees.
- It’s easy to use storage on the outside.
Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Apple’s own iCloud are all cloud services. iCloud gives you 5GB of free space to store things.
There are three main ways that external drives are different from cloud storage.
- A cellular or Wi-Fi connection is needed to use cloud storage. Depending on your cellular data plan, uploading large files can take a long time and cost a lot of money.
- Sync technology is used in cloud storage, and most things happen automatically in the background, so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to back up.
- If you need more space than what the free plan gives you, you have to pay a monthly fee for cloud storage. Apple, for example, has a free 5GB plan and three paid plans.
How to Give Your iPhone More Space
You can store more on your iPhone if you free up space on it. It’s also the least expensive way to add more space to your device. There are a few things you can do to make the most of the space you already have.
Check out your storage
First, you have to figure out what’s taking up space on your iPhone so you can free up some space. So as to:
- Click “Settings” and then “General.”
- Go to “iPhone Storage” in the menu.
- You’ll see a list of all the files on your iPhone.
Now that you can see what’s taking up your storage space, you can decide what to keep and what to get rid of. Apple will also suggest files that you might want to think about deleting.